Monday, January 26, 2009

I am convinced there are two kinds of babies when it comes to bath times: poopers and non-poopers. Emma Rose is a bath tub non-pooper. Anabelle is a bathtub pooper. She mostly poops in the tub on John's watch, but she got me last week. I told John I got paid back for all the times I laughed at him when Anabelle pooped in the tub when he was in charge of bath time.


After the poop, it is quite an evolution getting both girls out of the tub, wrapping them in towels, scooping out the poop, disinfecting the tub, washing the disinfectant out of the tub, re-washing the girls, and keeping the contaminated towels away from freshly cleaned girls. The litter box scooper has been invaluable in these situations.


John is pretty vigilant about looking for signs of a possible poop. He's very aware of the pre-toot that warns of the poop. He snatches her out of the tub so fast that she barely has time to protest. Emma Rose is now scared of the bath tub poop. Last week during the bath after the bath time poop, Emma Rose said to me, "If you see brown, you get me out." We've also decided to limit bubbles in the tub as they hide poop if we have an incident. I do not have pictures for this.


Last week, Anabelle had a milestone. She fed herself her entire dinner with a spoon. It was pretty messy, but the mess was worth the gain. When I was setting the table, Anabelle insisted that I give her a fork, which is code for either a fork or a spoon, which ever one is appropriate for the meal. She would not let me have the spoon and would not take a bite from any other spoon except for the one she was holding. She switched back and forth between her left and right hands, so there is no "handedness" so far.












Last Friday, John and I took Emma Rose to look at a pre-school. She loved it! She is asking if she can go now. John and I are still thinking about sending her for the remaining school year. We're not quite sure if it's worth getting her started two thirds of the way into the year. If we get a spot for next year, it will be a big step for all of us.


Emma Rose has also become addicted to the Backyardigans, which means I have the songs constantly running through my head. Last week, Emma Rose was in the bathroom with me and started singing the theme song to Fairy Tale Village. I absent mindedly started singing along. Emma Rose paused and said, "Mommy, you don't sing as pretty as I do." Thanks, Emma Rose.


John received his personalized license plate in the mail. Sea represents the time he spent in the Navy, and Pony is, of course, representative of the Mustang.


In birding news, we have seen several more pine siskins. There was a group of 6 or 7 at the feeders last week. I was totally excited, but I scared them away when I got out the camera. I was only able to get a picture of a loner pine siskin. We also had a pine warbler at the feeder a few days ago. It was an good week!



No comments: