Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Gardening

My tomato seeds have germinated! (The battle is not over. I still have to get them to grow enough to plant them in the garden, but I'm hopeful!) Last year, I saved some Mr. Stripy seeds, and I'm glad I did. There is not one yellow tomato plant to be found way up here in Canton. I started a few of my seeds, and it worked! Also, my sweet friend Nicki found two yellow tomato plants for me in Dunwoody. Hooray! I may have to convince John to dig up some garden space for me. I'd love to plant many more veggies.

So far, we have planted 6 tomato plants (1 red cherry, 4 regular red, and 1 black prince), two small rows of beans, 1 row of carrots, 6 cucumber plants, 1 thyme, and 4 blueberry plants. I planted 4 lavendar plants out front. Our strawberry plants are doing really well, and I think we may start to see some fruit really soon. I'm still on the search for some basil, but I'm sure I'll be able to find a few of those soon. We love the fresh vegetables, herbs, and fruit!

No comments: