Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Exhibitionist and Her Assistant

Thursday afternoon, I heard a lot of giggles coming out of Emma Rose's room. The girls were both in there, and when Anabelle stepped out, she was topless! With a huge smile, she was holding her little Lambie Pie with one hand and rubbing her belly with the other. She has figured out how to take her shirt off but only half way. Emma Rose helped her get it completely off! I put the shirt back on, and Anabelle took it half way off again. She got the shirt over her head and walked around in circles trying to get it off her arms until Emma Rose helped her. They were giggling the entire time!

Ever the drama queen, Emma Rosetold me this week, "I miss Daddy being in my life." I'm just not sure where she picks up these kinds of phrases. Plus, she talks to her daddy every night on the phone, and they spend lots of time together on the weekends. She is so funny!

On Valentine's Day, Anabelle said "love you" for the first time ever! It was so precious. Following in her sister's footsteps, she said this to her daddy before anyone else. She then told Emma Rose "love you" quite a few times, and right before I laid her down for the night, she told me, too. I've been waiting to hear that for a while!

Friday, I went to the doctor and found out that I have been suffering all week from Type A flu, apparently the worst of the three types. My mom came over Sunday before John left for Pittsburg. While I was in bed, she made dinner for the girls and put them in their jammies. Thank goodness for her. She came back over Monday evening and helped again. On Tuesday, it seemed I was getting better, but I was wrong! Friday, the doctor gave me antibiotics for the secondary affliction, a sinus infection, and it seems that now I'm starting to feel better. The good news in all of this is that the girls, even though they had some sniffles, coughing and fever, did not get the horrible symptoms I had. They had the flu shot. I'm going to get it next year! John also still has not come down with the flu. We're crossing our fingers that he stays healthy!

No comments: