Friday, October 31, 2008

Anabelle is really started to walk more and more. She hasn't quite gotten the hang of it and looks like a drunken sailor when she stands up, takes 3 to 4 steps, falls on her bottom, and then laughs. She is persistent and gets right back up and tries again. This morning, Anabelle stood up and spontaneously started dancing to a song on the Imagination Movers (a Disney program). She grinned at me the entire time, even when she fell on her bottom!

She has also renewed her love of climbing up and down the stairs. To add the stress of it all for me, she has also sprinkled in a little standing up on a top stair and wobbling as if she's going to fall and sliding down several stairs on her belly. I guess she likes to keep me on my toes.

We weren't on our toes yesterday. Anabelle was playing beside the stairs when her hand slipped. She fell face first into the corner of a stair. She has a very sad looking purple bruise to the left of her mouth. It does match her pink and purple butterfly costume.

Tonight, we having a neighborhood Halloween party at the club house. A few months ago, I was talking to our neighbor and we decided it would be a great idea to plan a party for the entire neighborhood. Wow, that sounded great! I think all will go well, and we'll have a great time. We're having a chili cook off, and the winner gets a free house cleaning. The kids will have a costume contest and pumpkin carving contest. Our neighbor also got some of those huge inflatable moonwalk toys for the kids. Emma Rose is going to be a Sunflower Princess, and Anabelle is going to be a butterfly. The only bad news for us is that 3 out of 4 of us are sick, and we'll have to go home a little earlier than we might otherwise.

Emma Rose told me that her costume is so beautiful she can get married in it. She has had a recent fascination with marriage and weddings lately. I'm not sure where it came from. I asked her who she wanted to marry and I expected her to say Harrison, the little 3 year old boy next door. She didn't. She told me she wanted to marry me! How sweet. I think if Daddy would have asked, she would have told him she wanted to marry him.

No comments:

Blog Archive