Friday, September 5, 2008

The Doctor's Office

Today was Anabelle's 1 year check up. The check up coincided with Emma Rose being sick, so we had two appointments in one visit.

Anabelle is doing great. She's in the 83rd percentile for her height and the 36th for her weight. Again, I am surprised the numbers are not reversed as she has been eating like a horse. I can move her to the front facing car seat as she is 20.5 pounds! I voiced my concern to the doctor that Anabelle has a bit of a temper. For example, she arches her back so severely when I get her out of the tub that I come close to dropping my soaking wet and slippery little baby. She does not want to get out. Also, she can put up quite a fight when I have to change her diaper. This causes particular anxiety when I'm changing the "teething diapers." Well, the good news: the doctor said the temper is totally normal and that second children have more of a temper as they get frustrated when they can't do what the older sibling is doing. The bad news: it will most likely get worse before it gets better. He said to expect about 3 to 5 months of worse. As I discussed this with the doctor, Anabelle proved me right. She screamed at the top of her lungs because she wanted to stand on the floor like her sister.

Emma Rose saw the doctor, too. She’s had a fever, stuffy and runny nose, coughing, sneezing, and some tummy issues since Tuesday night. According to the doctor, there’s a cold that’s going around and she has it. The high fevers are common, and she should feel better by Tuesday. She is still pretty active and wants to play. She does wake up coughing at night, and her fever is highest then, too.

Emma Rose was weighed and is a whopping 32 pounds. That means I can successfully carry 52.5 pounds. I am stronger than I look. I would bet that's a little less than half of my weight.

No comments: